With our roots in the Houston-Galveston region, GrantWorks has a long history with disaster recovery efforts. Beginning with Hurricanes Ike and Dolly, our team has worked to secure and manage over $400 million in CDBG Disaster Recovery funding for 40 cities and counties on the Gulf Coast and in East Texas.
Our top-rated application and implementation team stands ready to assist your community with Hurricane Harvey and the 2015 and 2016 flood events. Make no mistake: the Texas General Land Office has insisted on a higher standard of work and strict deadlines for these recovery programs. You need the best grant writers and administrators in Texas by your side, and we will deliver.
Our key strengths for Disaster Recovery include:
- Unmatched CDBG Grant Writing and Management Experience
More than $950 million in CDBG funds secured and managed in nearly 1100 projects across Texas for 250+ local government clients.
- Ability to Execute
Texas’ largest grant administrator with seventy professionals including fourteen full-time certified CDBG Grant Managers to manage every aspect of your projects. Our size allows for personal attention for every project—you won’t get lost in the shuffle.
- In-house Specialists
GrantWorks’ Grant Managers are backed by dedicated teams specializing in Labor Standards, Acquisition, Procurement, Low/Mod Beneficiary, Application Preparation, Fair Housing and Environmental Review. Our staff also includes construction managers, GIS specialists, multifamily developers, and planners who provide in-house consultative services.
- Familiarity with Disaster Impact Area
GrantWorks was founded in La Porte in 1979 and we maintain offices in Houston, Austin, McAllen, Beeville, Texarkana, Abilene, Alpine, Galveston, Huntsville, Marble Falls, New Ulm, Palestine, Rockport and San Angelo. We are the grant administrator of choice for nine of Texas coastal counties and numerous cities stretching from Texarkana to Harlingen.
Disaster Recovery Services
GrantWorks can provide Grant Administration Services to any community within the Disaster Recovery area.
We offer both pre-funding application services and post-funding administration services.
Specialized services we provide to our clients include:
- CDBG application development
- Audit and monitoring support
- Federal and state procurement
- On-site Davis-Bacon labor standards compliance
- Uniform Act compliance (acquisition)
- Environmental review and clearance
- CDBG beneficiary documentation, including Census and door-to-door survey team
- Hazard mitigation application and implementation
- Affordable housing financing and development
- Housing rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Housing elevation and buyout
- City and county planning
- Hazard mitigation planning
- Economic development